|1 Develop basic research methods and system
- Obtain recognition as a national nature reserve and as a Ramsar site.
- Conduct basic surveys on the environment of Miyajima-numa continually.
- Request specialists to analyze data for advice on necessary measures.
2 Train people who will handle the conservation of nature
- Create a research environment for researchers from Bibai and beyond.
- Establish a system of support for research.
3 Take measures against vermin damage
- Put a system of measures against vermin damage into practice.
- Construct a feeding ground, and research ways to attract the geese.
- Support farming by citizen’s doing the additional work created by vermin
- Conduct a detailed survey into vermin damage, and research effective countermeasures.
- Propose the establishment of a support system of vermin damage to the national
and Hokkaido governments.
4 Prepare facilities around Miyajima-numa
- Set up an observation point from which the geese can be observed without
- Regulate traffic with a focus on avoiding any impact on agriculture.
- Construct a new parking lot and a footpath to Miyajima-numa.
- Establish main facilities at their current position on the southeast edge
of the lake.
5 Improve access to Miyajima-numa
- Secure means of transport other than privately owned vehicles.
- Devise ways how taxis can be used.
- Improve access from the existing bus stop.
- Provide information via the website.
- Put up signs to Miyajima-numa on major roads.
- Develop thematic and scientific explanatory software.
6 Develop tourism from new angles
- Take suggestions from established methods in developed areas.
- Calculate a basic value for the number of visitors, and test the results
- Create a visitor’s database and provide information.
- Establish the means to analyze feedback from visitors.
- Mark out a walking route that connects the resources in the city.
- Create a tourist information center.
7 Strengthen the foundations of agriculture
- Increase the opportunities for tourists to meet farmers.
- Reassess the potential and appeal of farming villages and agriculture.
- Create an environment in which tourists can stay in farming villages.
- Bring the appeal of farming villages and farm products to the attention
- Increase prices, and use the profit to support the harmonious coexistence
with the geese.
8 Improve education about the environment
- Draw attention to Miyajima-numa and the geese in school and community education.
- Establish a system to carry out and support environmental education.
- Research methods of environmental education, and accumulate the necessary
- Promote“Proper” observation through environmental education.
- Develop the accumulated know-how of environmental education.
- Co-develop environmental education programs with other concerned regions.
- Conduct environmental education that is not restricted to the geese’s migration
9 Found an organization for promotion by citizens
- Set the year’s guidelines for Miyajima-numa by the people concerned.
- Visit and study examples in other regions, and share ideas.
- Continue efforts to increase the number of such contacts.
- Form a citizens’ organization that would act independently.
10 Find a new model for agriculture
- Seek a new model based upon coexistence with nature that will sustain and
11 Aim to create a waterfowl sanctuary
- Discuss the development of the river Ishikari basin.